Family Support Services Scholarship Award
On behalf of our industry's state organization, we are pleased to extend an invitation to students of Norwalk and the surrounding towns!
The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association is committed to excellence in funeral service education. CFDA will award eight (8) $500 scholarships (one in each Connecticut county) to students interested in pursuing careers in a profession that provides emotional or medical support to families.
All scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the Scholarship Award Committee of the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association. Awards will be based on application information, academic record and the evaluation of the required essays. The decision of the Scholarship Award Committee will be final. The Committee reserves the right not to award the scholarship if there are no applicants or if the applicants do not meet the standards of the Committee.
Applications must be submitted to CFDA by Friday, April 9th, 2010. Recipients will be officially notified by mail the first week in May and awards will be presented at a reception at the end of May.
- The applicant must be a legal resident of the State of Connecticut.
- The applicant must be a high school senior who will graduate in June 2010.
- The applicant must submit the application form and a current high school transcript.
- The applicant must have maintained at least a B grade point average in the 10th, 11th and 12th grades.
- The application form must be neat and legible.
- The applicant must be pursuing a career in a profession that provides emotional or medical support to families. This includes such professions as counseling, social services, psychology, psychiatry, nursing, medicine, social, gerontology and funeral service.
Explain the process or events that influenced your decision to pursue a career in family support services. If you need additional space, please feel free to attach a typewritten essay.
Download the scholarship application form on the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association web site: http://ctfda.org/html/scholarship-family.html.
Once the application is complete, we ask you to stop by OUR FUNERAL HOME and drop off the application by OUR DEADLINE OF MARCH 30, 2010. Please give us a call before visiting us. You may also mail the application to us with the address provided below. The entire staff will then review your packet to be sure all the information is complete.
Before passing it along to CFDA, Hoyt-Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory will award one lucky student with a $1,000.00 scholarship from our funeral home! The winner will be announced in May. We will then send all the applications to CFDA, where everyone including our winner, are eligible for CFDA's scholarship award!
Mail completed applications to:
Hoyt-Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory
Attn: Scholarship Committee
5 East Wall Street
Norwalk, CT 06851
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Good Luck!